Nos Partenaires

Auteur Sujet: Ross Gilmore - Living Off The Land: Delusions and Misconceptions About Hunting  (Lu 945 fois)

28 novembre 2013 à 16:28:37
Lu 945 fois

VERDUG0

Je sais pas si le format des blog anglophones sur l'outdoor interessera, donc je tente par un article detaille sur l'autosuffisance alimentaire:

http://woodtrekker.blogspot.fr/2013/09/living-off-land-delusions-and.html

The problem is not made any better by so called experts in the field, who fuel the myth that they are feeding themselves in the wilderness. I vividly remember watching Andrew Price, host of A-Z of Bushcraft in one of the episodes, waking up in the morning, walking a few feet next to camp, gathering a few berries, and then turning the the camera and saying “breakfast is served”. Ray Mears, aside from his excellent series, Wild Foods, has numerous instances where he gathers meager resources and then implies that his food requirement have been met. Of course, none of them ever bother to calculate or present actual caloric values, or discuss the long terms consequences. Similarly, people like Dave Canterbury, who discuss at length hunting in wilderness living conditions, never actually do the math of how much game has to be killed to justify the weight of that shotgun being carried, or whether the numbers would work out at all.

For the past year I have been attempting to gather some actual numbers on the subject, so we can have a more meaningful conversation about what it would take to sustainably feed a person in the wilderness, and consequently, what tools may be suited for the task. I must admit, I have been slacking with the project because of its tedious nature. Last week however, a reader referred me to a source related to the Chris McCandless post, which provided me with some of the information I was searching.
« Modifié: 28 novembre 2013 à 16:37:11 par VERDUG0 »

28 novembre 2013 à 16:49:32
Réponse #1

Kilbith

AMHA :

Pour réellement vivre de cueillette...il faut que ce soit l'époque et y passer du temps pour avoir suffisamment d'apport calorique et bouger souvent. En revanche, c'est un bon complément.

Vivre de la chasse, c'est pareil. D'abord chasser n'est pas simple, même avec une arme à feu. En plus, si on en est réduit à vivre de la chasse c'est que l'on est dans une zone désertique...et si elle est désertique c'est qu'elle offre peu de ressource, y compris pour la faune. On n'est plus au XIX avec des terres riches très peu peuplées et beaucoup de faune.

La densité de faune n'est pas énorme s'il faut vivre longtemps de la chasse. Les zones giboyeuses dans nos contrées sont souvent proche des cultures qui nourrissent le gibier.

"Vim vi repellere omnia jura legesque permittunt"

28 novembre 2013 à 17:52:07
Réponse #2

VERDUG0

He [Chris MacCandless] would have needed to eat almost three gallons of lingonberries per day. He’d probably be vomiting before finishing the second quart. No matter how many lingonberries were available to him, his body would have only accepted them for a small portion of his caloric requirement. This doesn’t make lingonberries “poisonous”; the same is true of virtually every food, although the appropriate proportions vary…

Keep in mind

Bienveillance, n.f. : disposition affective d'une volonté qui vise le bien et le bonheur d'autrui. (Wikipedia).

« [...] ce qui devrait toujours nous éveiller quant à l'obligation de s'adresser à l'autre comme l'on voudrait que l'on s'adresse à nous :
avec bienveillance, curiosité et un appétit pour le dialogue et la réflexion que l'interlocuteur peut susciter. »

Soutenez le Forum

Les dons se font sur une base totalement libre. Les infos du forum sont, ont toujours été, et resteront toujours accessibles gratuitement.
Discussion relative au financement du forum ici.

Publicité